The primary metals industry can be harsh on equipment. That’s because operating environments are extreme—often subject to dirty, abrasive conditions where maintenance is either impractical or impossible. At GGB, we understand this and design our bearings for it because we know it’s critical that your equipment operates efficiently at peak performance for longer—without needing regular maintenance or service.
Extended service life. Minimal maintenance.
GGB self-lubricating, maintenance-free bearings last longer and perform better even in the harshest steel plant or foundry environments. Designed to increase bearing life and extend the life of your industrial equipment, GGB surface engineering solutions can be custom designed for the application at hand:
- Hyperbaric filters
- Lifting devices
- Milling tools
- Slide plates for quench machines
- Conveyor rollers
- Ladle cover manipulator
- Locking device casting cylinder
- Pinch roll unit polisher
- Slide plates for quench machine
Increase Performance and Extend Service Life
- Superior wear resistance and high shock load capacity result in extended service life, while low friction properties reduce power losses for improved equipment performance.
- GGB surface solutions eliminate the need for hardening and machining grease paths, while also offering space and weight savings for simplified assembly.
- Low coefficients of friction eliminate the need for lubrication, while providing smooth operation, reducing wear and extending service life.
Expand Operating-Temperature Range
- GGB bearings can operate in extreme temperatures ranging from - 200°C to 800°C (- 330°F to 1472°F).
Reliable in Any Situation, on Any Application
Our self-lubricating surface engineering solutions for applications in the primary metals industry are custom designed to meet your specific requirements and significantly reduce, mitigate and even prevent downtime.